HNN depends on the generosity of its community of readers. If you enjoy HNN and value our work to put the news in historical perspective, please consider making a donation today!
HNN provides multiple ways to make a donation.
REMEMBER, HNN is now a project of the History Department at the George Washington University, so your contribution will be directed to HNN through GWU.
Give securely online.
Click HERE and the link will take you to the GWU History Department donation page. On the donation page, click the blue "View all gift options" button.
In the drop-down menu select "Direct my gift to:" and select "History News Network."
Then click the blue button that says "Next: Gift Details" and fill out the requested fields. Designate your gift amount, and whether you want to make a recurring or one-time gift to HNN. Follow the final steps to complete your donation.
Or, mail your check. Make the check out to The George Washington University. Please put "History Department--HNN" in the memo line. Send to:
The George Washington University
PO Box 98131
Washington, DC 20077-9756
Or, contribute by phone by calling the GW Annual Fund at 1-844-574-4483. You may provide your gift information on a secure voicemail box.
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
- Warming is Clearly Visible in New US ‘Climate Normal’ Datasets
- Open Letter in Support of Free Inquiry and Discussion
- Melting Glaciers Have Exposed Frozen Relics of World War I
- The Stealth Sticker Campaign to Expose New York’s History of Slavery
- We Found the Textbooks of Senators Who Oppose The 1619 Project and Suddenly Everything Makes Sense
- How the Modern NRA Was Born at the Border
- Event: A War on Global Poverty: The Lost Promise of Redistribution and the Rise of Microcredit with Joanne Meyerowitz (5/17)
- A Texas Bill Drew Ire for Saying it Would Preserve ‘Purity of the Ballot Box.’ Here’s the Phrase’s History
- How Trump Ignited the Fight over Critical Race Theory in Schools
- Hamilton, Hip-Hop, and the Law (Review)