HNN depends on the generosity of its community of readers. If you like HNN please consider making a donation today!
HNN provides multiple ways to make a donation.
- By giving securely online. Click here and the link will take you to the GWU donation page. On the donation page, click the yellow "View all gift options" button. In the drop-down menu select "DIrect my gift to:" and select "History News Network." Then click the green button that says "Next: Gift Details" and fill out the requested fields.
- By mailing your check, made out to The George Washington University and with the name of the department and HNN in the memo line, to:
The George Washington University
PO Box 98131
Washington, DC 20077-9756
- By phone by calling the GW Annual Fund at 1-800-789-2611.
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
- Top Ten differences between the Iraq War and Trump’s Proposed Iran War
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation Releases Findings on Why Americans Don't Know History
- How will Obama be remembered? A massive new oral history project will help shape his legacy.
- 30 Years Later, Making Sense Of The MOVE Bombing
- They Resisted Hitler. They Were Executed. At Last, They Lie at Rest.
- Historians Argue That The History Major Won’t Go the Way of the Dodo
- Tenure, Twitter and Taking Her Board to Task
- The new Statue of Liberty Museum is a quiet paean to America’s embrace of immigrants—but what is there to celebrate?
- McCullough’s new book on pioneers’ history draws criticism
- What to Do With Richmond’s Confederate Statues