HNN depends on the generosity of its community of readers. If you enjoy HNN and value our work to put the news in historical perspective, please consider making a donation today!
HNN provides multiple ways to make a donation.
REMEMBER, HNN is now a project of the History Department at the George Washington University, so your contribution will be made through GWU's fundraising page.
*NEW! In response to reader feedback, our friends at the GWU Development Office have made it EASIER to contribute to HNN*
Contribute DIRECTLY to History News Network with ONE CLICK!
You will NOT BE ADDED onto GWU's general fundraising list!
CLICK TO MAKE A SECURE ONLINE DONATION TO HNN
Or, mail your check. Make the check out to The George Washington University. Please put "History Department--HNN" in the memo line. Send to:
The George Washington University
PO Box 98131
Washington, DC 20077-9756
Or, contribute by phone by calling the GW Annual Fund at 1-844-574-4483. You may provide your gift information on a secure voicemail box.
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of