HNN depends on the generosity of its community of readers. If you enjoy HNN and value our work to put the news in historical perspective, please consider making a donation today!
HNN provides multiple ways to make a donation.
REMEMBER, HNN is now a project of the History Department at the George Washington University, so your contribution will be directed to HNN through GWU.
Give securely online.
Click HERE and the link will take you to the GWU History Department donation page. On the donation page, click the blue "View all gift options" button.
In the drop-down menu select "Direct my gift to:" and select "History News Network."
Then click the blue button that says "Next: Gift Details" and fill out the requested fields. Designate your gift amount, and whether you want to make a recurring or one-time gift to HNN. Follow the final steps to complete your donation.
Or, mail your check. Make the check out to The George Washington University. Please put "History Department--HNN" in the memo line. Send to:
The George Washington University
PO Box 98131
Washington, DC 20077-9756
Or, contribute by phone by calling the GW Annual Fund at 1-844-574-4483. You may provide your gift information on a secure voicemail box.
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
- Cherokee Nation Addresses Bias Against Descendants of Enslaved People
- Democrats Can't Kill the Filibuster. But they Can Gut It
- Newly Obtained FBI Files Shed New Light on the Murder of Fred Hampton
- Reading A Letter That's Been Sealed For More Than 300 Years — Without Opening It
- Shelia Washington Dies at 61; Helped Exonerate Scottsboro Boys
- Mock Slave Auctions, Racist Lessons: How US History Class Often Traumatizes, Dehumanizes Black Students
- 'More Dangerous And More Widespread': Conspiracy Theories Spread Faster Than Ever
- Online Roundtable: Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor’s ‘Race for Profit’
- Should Black Northerners Move Back to the South?
- The Deep South Has a Rich History of Resistance, as Amazon Is Learning