ANOTHER IRANIAN STUDENT WILL NEVER COME HOME
Sohrab's family members did as they were told. They posted the bail money and waited. But their son may have been TORTURED TO DEATH. Their tragedy is not unique.
Sohrab Arabi, 19, was arrested on 20 June during an anti-government protest.
His family had been contacted by authorities on Tuesday and told they could post bail for his release.
Arabi's mother had posted bail and had been awaiting his release.
She had protested (the women in purple scarf in the video) outside Evin Prison with relatives of other detainees demanding their freedom.
Arabi's family were subsequently informed on Saturday that they should collect his dead body from Evin Prison.
The opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq says Arabi died under torture.
Arabi's case is reminiscent of that of Kianoush Asa, a post-graduate Chemistry student at Tehran's Science and Technology University, who was arrested on 15 June and died under torture on 24 June.
UPDATE:"The circumstances around Sohrab's death cannot be verified. Some say he was tortured while sources close to his family say that he was shot dead during protests."
They and their supporters did the same around the world. To view them click here
Then, there is NEDA
Farmarz Aslani dedicated the song below to all the innocent lives lost in the recent movement in Iran and to all those who have been arrested and tortured.
"For She Who Fell Beneath The Sky, I Can Keep Silent or I Can Cry.
But Can I Let Her Story Die, Can I Forget The Question, Why?"
A former Iranian legislator provides an excellent analysis of the recent stolen elections in the recent issue of Le Monde Diplomatique.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize