Put Your Faith in Clinton?
But, while Wright suggests Bubba needs to unstrap his six-gun, and stop preaching in the street, the Saloon he wants him to enter for a drink as did Billy Clinton, is hardly a Free Market, but rather the Saloon rooms upstairs where all of the whores work the suckers. He mentions the name of one of them, The World Trade Organization, but there are others that Billy also liked such as NAFTA, the World Bank & the IMF.
Good 'ol Bob MacNamara has been doing his mea culpa about Vietnam now for several years such as in"The Fog of War," but he says nothing about his work at the WB.
These organizations have long been the means, along with the Fed, by which America's economic imperialism is orchestrated. If you have not already read the latest discussion of this, John Perkins, The Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, check it out. Although Jude Wanniski had not read the book, he had some good comments about it at his web site. The book is well worth reading!
comments powered by Disqus
William Marina - 1/30/2005
The most fascinating aspect of the debate over Republic vs. Empire since at least 1754, has been the use of garbled verbiage/verbal garbage to confuse the issue. That continues today on the part of both the Empire people (especially), but also the supposed opponents of Empire, as witness my recent exchanges here with the emotional Justin Raimondo, whose ad hominum outbursts revealed something of his lack of clarity of thought about the issues involved. He remains, however, an excellent investigative reporter.
If you have not read it yet, I suggest The Record of the Paper: How the New York Times Misreports US Foreign Policy by Friel & Falk. The second volume on the reportage on the US & Israel should be a real zinger that JR will love.
William Marina - 1/30/2005
Your correct/right, the analogy could have been tighter.
I said "whore," not prostitute.
Although I have never paid for sex, since I value it highly and find it meaningful in an emtional/intellectual relationship, I would defend the prostitute's right to offer that commodity on the market.
A real whore, might have grabbed Bubba on the first floor of the Saloon and serviced him for free in the back alley. That was the other Bubba, Billy C's style!
Jeanine Ring - 1/29/2005
"But, while Wright suggests Bubba needs to unstrap his six-gun, and stop preaching in the street, the Saloon he wants him to enter for a drink as did Billy Clinton, is hardly a Free Market, but rather the Saloon rooms upstairs where all of the whores work the suckers. He mentions the name of one of them, The World Trade Organization, but there are others that Billy also liked such as NAFTA, the World Bank & the IMF."
I contest that analogy! George W. Bush would go to some ritzy, snotty establishment oozing in inherited political wealth where legislative deals are made over friendly donation plate dinners. He would never show his face in a house of honest commerce like a brothel.
As a prostitute, I am a proud free-market girl; please don't paint me with the same brush as a bureaucrat or politician! (ugh... it sounds like a good way to catch something)
The difference is simple: if a prostitute picks your pocket, she is breaking code for her job. If a politican picks your pocket, that *is* his job.
Jeanine S. Ring )(*)(
"support your local free market"
- button I used to wear strolling
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 1/29/2005
Indeed, though I quoted those aspects of Wright's article that read "like an ad for Reason magazine," I tried to convey, implicitly, a bit of sarcasm and irony by titling the post: "The Market Shall Set You Free... in the NY Times?"
Quite clearly, Bill, you've shown precisely why, Wright's rhetorical flourishes notwithstanding, his piece was perfectly suited for ... the NY Times.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity