THE HOLOCAUST COMMEMORATION AND ME
The world loves victims, even or most especially, Jewish ones. The West admits that the bombing of the Aushwitz crematoria could have saved at the very least, much of the Hungarian Jewry, i.e., my family. My Hebrew name is Rissel Zlata. Rissel was my father's sister and Zlata my mother's sister. Both had babies and both chose to go to the oven with their babies rather than let their babies die alone or with their mothers in law. Zlata had"Titian hair" (according to her adoring soccer playing husband) and her one year old was born with a tooth in his mouth.
And, yet, I am grateful to the allies for freeing my mother's single sister and teen-age half brother. The rest of the family perished.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide