A JOKE MAKING THE ROUNDS IN COMMUNIST CHINA
this is the joke told by Chinese cabbies. It sounds so Russians that it might be an omen especially as China is looking to India and discovering that populous democracies can thrive:
An American, A Frenchman and a Chinese statesmen took a walk in a forest. They came face to face with a pack of wolves. The American threatened to bombed them. They did move. The Frenchman tried to appease them with promises of Fresh lambs to no avail.
The Chinese whispered in their ears and they immediately dispersed. What did you tell them? his colleagues asked. I told them that if do not go away, I will take them to live them under the authority of the Chinese Communist party.
comments powered by Disqus
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95