A JOKE MAKING THE ROUNDS IN COMMUNIST CHINA
this is the joke told by Chinese cabbies. It sounds so Russians that it might be an omen especially as China is looking to India and discovering that populous democracies can thrive:
An American, A Frenchman and a Chinese statesmen took a walk in a forest. They came face to face with a pack of wolves. The American threatened to bombed them. They did move. The Frenchman tried to appease them with promises of Fresh lambs to no avail.
The Chinese whispered in their ears and they immediately dispersed. What did you tell them? his colleagues asked. I told them that if do not go away, I will take them to live them under the authority of the Chinese Communist party.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond