A JOKE MAKING THE ROUNDS IN COMMUNIST CHINA
this is the joke told by Chinese cabbies. It sounds so Russians that it might be an omen especially as China is looking to India and discovering that populous democracies can thrive:
An American, A Frenchman and a Chinese statesmen took a walk in a forest. They came face to face with a pack of wolves. The American threatened to bombed them. They did move. The Frenchman tried to appease them with promises of Fresh lambs to no avail.
The Chinese whispered in their ears and they immediately dispersed. What did you tell them? his colleagues asked. I told them that if do not go away, I will take them to live them under the authority of the Chinese Communist party.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum