A JOKE MAKING THE ROUNDS IN COMMUNIST CHINA
this is the joke told by Chinese cabbies. It sounds so Russians that it might be an omen especially as China is looking to India and discovering that populous democracies can thrive:
An American, A Frenchman and a Chinese statesmen took a walk in a forest. They came face to face with a pack of wolves. The American threatened to bombed them. They did move. The Frenchman tried to appease them with promises of Fresh lambs to no avail.
The Chinese whispered in their ears and they immediately dispersed. What did you tell them? his colleagues asked. I told them that if do not go away, I will take them to live them under the authority of the Chinese Communist party.
comments powered by Disqus
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy