Gore Vidal's "America First" Critique of Bush
Vidal is not a typical partisan leftist in his approach to the war. In his comments, he reveals yet again that his views are closer to the old America First Committee than they are to the knee-jerk partisan Bush haters in groups like MoveOn.org . While Vidal's critique of Bush is merciless, he also takes a swipe at the sins of FDR including his unforgivable decision to turn away Jewish refugees fleeing to the U.S. on the S.S. St. Louis. Few Move On activists would ever do this.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)