Gore Vidal's "America First" Critique of Bush
Vidal is not a typical partisan leftist in his approach to the war. In his comments, he reveals yet again that his views are closer to the old America First Committee than they are to the knee-jerk partisan Bush haters in groups like MoveOn.org . While Vidal's critique of Bush is merciless, he also takes a swipe at the sins of FDR including his unforgivable decision to turn away Jewish refugees fleeing to the U.S. on the S.S. St. Louis. Few Move On activists would ever do this.
comments powered by Disqus
- It's Rick Perlstein vs. Judith Stein in a Three Round Fight
- Park Honan, a Biographer of Authors, Is Dead at 86
- Ancient History Encyclopedia Announces Partnership with Chickasaw.tv
- Stanley Kutler’s book on Nixon Watergate abuses has been turned into a show on the web
- China bans books by pro-Hong Kong historian who retired from Princeton