2005 YEAR OF PROTEST IN IRAN
FRIEDA WRITES:A new wave of protests have been happing in Iran...this is the exact same way it started back in 1978 !!!
I certainly hope so -
More than 130 protests against the Islamic Republic AFP reports (a summary)
More than 130 protests against the Islamic Republic rocked various cities through Iran in December and January. These protests took place in cities such as Tehran, Tabriz, Esfahan (my home town) , Ahvaaz, Hamadaan, Sardasht, Saaveh, Ferdows, Iranshahr and more.
Deprived Iranian workers, in more than 60 series of protests, sit-ins and public congregations voiced their exasperation toward the Islamic regime which continues to carry on with utter disregard for it's citizenry. Lay-offs, unemployment, long overdue or non-payment of wages are the main reasons for these protests.
Critical and active students organized another 20 protests against the dictatorial regime and the chaotic state of services in universities across the country.
Throughout the recent months teachers and nurses have also marched and protested in front of various government buildings and the Islamic Parliament in order to proclaim their animosity toward the deplorable conditions of life in Iran.
comments powered by Disqus
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017