2005 YEAR OF PROTEST IN IRAN
FRIEDA WRITES:A new wave of protests have been happing in Iran...this is the exact same way it started back in 1978 !!!
I certainly hope so -
More than 130 protests against the Islamic Republic AFP reports (a summary)
More than 130 protests against the Islamic Republic rocked various cities through Iran in December and January. These protests took place in cities such as Tehran, Tabriz, Esfahan (my home town) , Ahvaaz, Hamadaan, Sardasht, Saaveh, Ferdows, Iranshahr and more.
Deprived Iranian workers, in more than 60 series of protests, sit-ins and public congregations voiced their exasperation toward the Islamic regime which continues to carry on with utter disregard for it's citizenry. Lay-offs, unemployment, long overdue or non-payment of wages are the main reasons for these protests.
Critical and active students organized another 20 protests against the dictatorial regime and the chaotic state of services in universities across the country.
Throughout the recent months teachers and nurses have also marched and protested in front of various government buildings and the Islamic Parliament in order to proclaim their animosity toward the deplorable conditions of life in Iran.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history