2005 YEAR OF PROTEST IN IRAN
FRIEDA WRITES:A new wave of protests have been happing in Iran...this is the exact same way it started back in 1978 !!!
I certainly hope so -
More than 130 protests against the Islamic Republic AFP reports (a summary)
More than 130 protests against the Islamic Republic rocked various cities through Iran in December and January. These protests took place in cities such as Tehran, Tabriz, Esfahan (my home town) , Ahvaaz, Hamadaan, Sardasht, Saaveh, Ferdows, Iranshahr and more.
Deprived Iranian workers, in more than 60 series of protests, sit-ins and public congregations voiced their exasperation toward the Islamic regime which continues to carry on with utter disregard for it's citizenry. Lay-offs, unemployment, long overdue or non-payment of wages are the main reasons for these protests.
Critical and active students organized another 20 protests against the dictatorial regime and the chaotic state of services in universities across the country.
Throughout the recent months teachers and nurses have also marched and protested in front of various government buildings and the Islamic Parliament in order to proclaim their animosity toward the deplorable conditions of life in Iran.
comments powered by Disqus
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- In Hiroshima 71 years after first atomic strike, Obama calls for end of nuclear weapons
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy