INDIA A MEMBER OF A NEW DEMOCRATIC STRATEGIC ALLIANCE?
That, India hopes will be the outcome of its strategic cooperation with US, Australia and Japan to meet the devastated post-Tsunami Indian Ocean region. I suggest you start with "Tsunami diplomacy: Indo-US engagement creates new waves in the Indian Ocean." Note the most promising developments in Indian relations with Pakistan demonstrated in India and Pakistan swap list of nuclear facilities .
It is with new pride that India insists that it can take care of its own people and then some. It turns down China's offer of assistance with a polite no, thanks. It is healthy to assume responsibility.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum