DUBAI BANS IRANIAN PROTEST
They have tried before without success:
The FINANCIAL -- ABU DHABI, Dubai authorities on June 19 banned demonstrations by Iranian immigrants who have been protesting for four days in the Arab emirate against the presidential election results in Iran, Gulf News reported.
"We don't want the power struggle between the two conflicting parties to be fought over here," the newspaper quoted Dubai police chief Dahi Khalfan Tamim as saying.
Actually, there seems to be only one party protesting!
comments powered by Disqus
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95