BRITAIN PROTESTS KHAMENEI
Britain's foreign ministry has told Iran's charge d'affaires that comments by Iran's supreme leader, in which he accused the UK government of being among the"most treacherous" of Western powers, are"unacceptable".
Iran's ambassador to the UK was summoned to the foreign ministry in London on Friday to explain the remarks made by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei earlier in the day, but the charge d'affaires attended in his place.
During a sermon in Tehran, Khamenei said Western nations were showing"their enmity against the Islamic Republic system and the most evil of them is the British government".
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders