BRITAIN PROTESTS KHAMENEI
Britain's foreign ministry has told Iran's charge d'affaires that comments by Iran's supreme leader, in which he accused the UK government of being among the"most treacherous" of Western powers, are"unacceptable".
Iran's ambassador to the UK was summoned to the foreign ministry in London on Friday to explain the remarks made by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei earlier in the day, but the charge d'affaires attended in his place.
During a sermon in Tehran, Khamenei said Western nations were showing"their enmity against the Islamic Republic system and the most evil of them is the British government".
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)