BRITAIN PROTESTS KHAMENEI
Britain's foreign ministry has told Iran's charge d'affaires that comments by Iran's supreme leader, in which he accused the UK government of being among the"most treacherous" of Western powers, are"unacceptable".
Iran's ambassador to the UK was summoned to the foreign ministry in London on Friday to explain the remarks made by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei earlier in the day, but the charge d'affaires attended in his place.
During a sermon in Tehran, Khamenei said Western nations were showing"their enmity against the Islamic Republic system and the most evil of them is the British government".
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award