MALBRUNOT - KIDNAPPERS DRIVEN NOT BY IRAQ BUT BY ISLAMIC HOLY WAR
Hostage talks of Planet bin LadenFrom correspondents in Paris:
ONE of two French journalists freed after a four-month hostage ordeal in Iraq has described their captivity as being"immersed in Planet (Osama) bin Laden".
Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot had spent their first day back in France recounting details of their ordeal to the foreign intelligence agency, DGSE.
"One of the lessons we drew from our captivity was that we were immersed in Planet Bin Laden, especially when we were in a cell of the Islamic Army in the north" of Iraq, Mr Malbrunot told France 2 public television.
"We really understood that these kidnappers were driven not by an Iraqi agenda, but by an agenda of Islamic holy war."
Mr Malbrunot also issued a stern warning to fellow journalists about the dangers of working in Iraq.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools