A Not So Wonderful Life, Indeed
Hilarious send-up by Maureen Dowd. As someone shouted in that scene when James Stewart is thrown out of Martini's in the "bad" Bedford Falls: "Go on, get out of here, you old rummy."
comments powered by Disqus
Common Sense - 12/23/2004
Someone at LewRockwell.com attacks it annually.
Roderick T. Long - 12/21/2004
I don't have it handy at the moment, but there was a great article in one of the very first issues of Liberty dissecting the insidious moral message of that movie.
M.D. Fulwiler - 12/20/2004
Anybody else hate this so-called classic film? I always liked the "bad" Bedford Falls as well! LOL.
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95