A Not So Wonderful Life, Indeed
Hilarious send-up by Maureen Dowd. As someone shouted in that scene when James Stewart is thrown out of Martini's in the "bad" Bedford Falls: "Go on, get out of here, you old rummy."
comments powered by Disqus
Common Sense - 12/24/2004
Someone at LewRockwell.com attacks it annually.
Roderick T. Long - 12/22/2004
I don't have it handy at the moment, but there was a great article in one of the very first issues of Liberty dissecting the insidious moral message of that movie.
M.D. Fulwiler - 12/20/2004
Anybody else hate this so-called classic film? I always liked the "bad" Bedford Falls as well! LOL.
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Heirs Claim Bank Made Off with Nazi-Looted Art
- Add the University of Virginia to the list of universities actively confronting their association with slavery
- Stanley Kutler’s book on Nixon Watergate abuses has been turned into a show on the web
- China bans books by pro-Hong Kong historian who retired from Princeton
- Fordham Historian Lambasts ‘Shabby Treatment’ In Row Over Israel Boycott, Vows to Continue Fighting Anti-Semitism
- George Mason's digital history program is 20 years old -- and celebrating
- Watergate researchers can now see the materials — including tapes — Len Colodny used in writing "Silent Coup"