AL MANAR BREAKS AGREEMENT WITH FRENCH REGULATORS
If the story of the French agreement with Hizballa's TV Al Manar is any guide, the European - Iranian agreement is not worth the paper it is printed on. 10 days after the French TV regulators signed an agreement with Al Manar not to propogate anti-Semitism and report without bias, they now appeal to the court for permission to ban the station. Why?"The CSA cited as evidence an al-Manar broadcast last week that spoke of"Zionist attempts to transmit dangerous diseases like AIDS through exports to Arab countries." The broadcast said Israel had"no scruples" about infecting Arabs and Muslims".
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"