KARZAI AND ZARDARI HELP AHMADINEJAD'S CAMPAIGN
Presstv.Ir blogger reports from Tehran:
One thing that can be said without a doubt is that President Ahmadinejad is a great campaigner. Although he probably disappointed more than a few by not coming to the Azadi Sports Complex, he was at a major press conference with President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan, and President Asif Ali Zardari of Pakistan. This press conference, showed the emerging power of Iran in the region; as Iran continues to be strong and stable nation while countries bordering it have struggled with military invasions and internal security problems. They discussed cooperation on regional issues, as Tehran assured its neighbors that working together, the three could solve their problems without needing to rely on Western powers. The two visting presidents had been in Washington the week before. . . .
President Ahmadinejad is playing his cards very well so far, as he has began campaigning, after being very quiet until officially launching his campaign a few days ago.
On the first day of official campaigning, May 21st, Iran successfully tested a long-range missile, as President Ahmadinejad gave his first speech on the campaign trail. The launching of the missile, and the timing of it, portrayed the President as a leader who is reasserting Iran's powerful role in the region. Now he just held the regional summit meeting in Tehran with Afghanistan and Pakistan, highlighting not just Iran's stability, but its growing power in the region. His supporters at the Azadi Statdium heard that loudly.
Another Obama administration foreign policy success:
comments powered by Disqus
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans