Laws to protect/promote one person
And while we are on the subject of manipulating the system to promote/protect one individual...how about the push that is under way to change the U.S. Constitution in order to give Arnold Schwarzenegger a shot at the White House? The Schwarzenegger Amendment? The Constitution currently blocks the Austrian-born Schwarzenegger from the office of President because it requires candidates to be native-born. The Amend for Arnold Campaign is already on the Internet and arguments are being launched about why it is 'proper' for foreign-born individuals to be elected. (Personally, I don't care. Let them put Bin Laden on the ballot -- would he be any worse? OK, Ok, he probably would be. But the fact remains, I don't care about the nationality of who is put in a position of unjust power. It's the power of the position itself I'm against.) The Bushnevs know that Arnie may be their best chance of holding onto government after GWB has run out of gas, next-Presidentwise. Can American politics get any more ridiculous? It is time to remember...
"a scene from the SF film Demolition Man, which takes place in the year 2026. As Sandra Bullock attempts to bring Sylvester Stallone up to speed on what has happened in the world in the last 30 years, she refers to the Schwarzenegger Presidential Library.
Stallone:"Hold it! The Schwarzenegger Library?" Bullock:"Yes, the Schwarzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor?" Stallone:"Stop! He was President?" Bullock:"Yes. Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment."
Oh, well, as a Canadian, I can be smug...it's *your* problem. WAIT A MINUTE!! I blogged earlier today on NAFTA-Plus, which is trying to make everything"down under" our problem as well. Drat! Does the American/Canadian/Mexican version of"Mi Casa Es Su Casa" allow me to say,"Get the hell off my property?"
For more commentary, please see McBlog
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller