LUCKILY, ARAFAT DOES NOT HAVE A SON
Palestinians may be lucky. Arafat (unlike Assad, Mubarak, Khadaffi, Hussein) does not have a son. This means that Arafat's death could give them a chance to conduct real elections. If only they can find a Mandela and keep him alive! Their long suffering people really deserve a break. Will Arafat's Tunisian friends unite with the locals and take advantage of the opportunity? If so, a Palestinian state at peace with Israel may finally become a reality.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize