Vote For Badnarik!
However, that is not my only reason for voting Libertarian. I am also going to do it because I will enjoy it so much. My distaste for both Bush and Kerry is quite intense. Bush is the worst president of my lifetime. However, when you take the time to really look at the Senator’s record, along with the people he has surrounded himself with, it becomes apparent that there is great potential for truly evil policies during a Kerry administration. To my mind, it is a crap shoot as to which one would do the most harm, which one would take us furthest in the direction of a totalitarian society.
Therefore, I wish to do something to both of them and the worst thing you can do to a politician is to vote for someone else. Besides, what better way to say to those two jerks; “Hey I am not buying into your lies and I know that neither one of cares one bit about me or anything else other your own grasps for power.” Even though, with the help a totally irresponsible media, they managed to fool most of the people in this country into thinking there were only two bad choices, I will know that they did not get me and that will feel good.
There is also another reason to vote for Badnarik and that is because he, his campaign, and the party have earned it. They managed to get on the ballot in 49 states, not an easy feat. They ran an articulate campaign which found its way into new places . If you do not believe me check out these quotes from Badnarik on comedian Doug Stanhope’s website about half way down the homepage. They did a number of things that should have gotten major attention from the media, including getting the nomination in the first place. It is not their fault that the term “news” is obsolete. Does anyone believe that the coverage on Monday, which will almost totally ignore the largely unknown Badnarik, is going to tell us anything new about Bush and Kerry? We will already have heard it ad nauseum. So, if you vote Badnarik you won’t just be hurting Bush and Kerry you will be sticking it to Dan Rather and Bill O’Reilly too. That is also a pleasant thought.
comments powered by Disqus
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar