Robert Higgs: Just another "guy"
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 10/26/2004
"I assume that anyone who said he was going to vote for Shrub in that poll is both mentally and morally retarded."
Not so fast. Read Volokh's reason for voting GOP. That's the identical argument Roderick invoked in defense of voting LP. At worst, Volokh is wrong, but he's neither mentally nor morally retarded.
Keith Halderman - 10/24/2004
I am a Grover Cleveland fan too. However my all time favorite is Coolidge because he said of Herbert Hoover, when he was Commerce Secretary, that Hoover was always bringing him ideas, all of them bad.
M.D. Fulwiler - 10/23/2004
and my favorite, grover cleveland, got a mention! those who piked lincoln or fdr, on the other hand---well, i'm in a nice mood today...
Keith Halderman - 10/23/2004
The most interesting question in the poll was favorite presidents and I was glad to see Harding get some mentions.
M.D. Fulwiler - 10/22/2004
I assume that anyone who said he was going to vote for Shrub in that poll is both mentally and morally retarded.
Kevin B. O'Reilly - 10/22/2004
This was a particularly obnoxious post by Reynolds which entirely missed the point.
- The National Security Agency's own history of tracking of U.S. Citizens is flawed
- Before Trump vs. the NFL, there was Jackie Robinson vs. JFK
- Saudi Textbook Withdrawn Over Image of Yoda With King
- Israelis are celebrating the Kurds’ bid for independence
- Wall Street Journal study finds that rural youths who enlisted after 9/11 shouldered the greatest burden for the nation’s defense
- Jelani Cobb unloads on Trump’s double standard of patriotism in the New Yorker
- Lonnie Bunch is astonished the African-American History Museum has become a pilgrimage site so fast
- Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
- Niall Ferguson’s new book is a warning about the pernicious threat of networks
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses