Robert Higgs: Just another "guy"
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 10/26/2004
"I assume that anyone who said he was going to vote for Shrub in that poll is both mentally and morally retarded."
Not so fast. Read Volokh's reason for voting GOP. That's the identical argument Roderick invoked in defense of voting LP. At worst, Volokh is wrong, but he's neither mentally nor morally retarded.
Keith Halderman - 10/24/2004
I am a Grover Cleveland fan too. However my all time favorite is Coolidge because he said of Herbert Hoover, when he was Commerce Secretary, that Hoover was always bringing him ideas, all of them bad.
M.D. Fulwiler - 10/23/2004
and my favorite, grover cleveland, got a mention! those who piked lincoln or fdr, on the other hand---well, i'm in a nice mood today...
Keith Halderman - 10/23/2004
The most interesting question in the poll was favorite presidents and I was glad to see Harding get some mentions.
M.D. Fulwiler - 10/22/2004
I assume that anyone who said he was going to vote for Shrub in that poll is both mentally and morally retarded.
Kevin B. O'Reilly - 10/22/2004
This was a particularly obnoxious post by Reynolds which entirely missed the point.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Newly released interactive map shows images of destroyed monuments of Mosul
- How the Rise of the Post Office Explains American Innovation
- These Americans are reliving history and don’t mind repeating it
- Britain largest home is saved for the nation
- Shelter and the slums: capturing bleak Britain 50 years ago
- WSJ features an article by a conservative calling for the abolition of Black History Month
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history