TRYING TO PACIFY ISLAMISM BY PULLING OUT OF IRAQ DID NOT MAKE THE SPANISH SAFER
Europe and especially Spain is a buzz. Obviously appeasing the Islamists by pulling out of Iraq and siding with France and Germany against the US did not make the Spanish safer. Surprise, Suprise! Still, the reality check did litttle to alter the Spanish media's mind. It continues to exclude a military response to terrorism. Some people never never learn
Spanish papers remain fearful of fresh terrorist attacks, despite the arrest of eight suspected Islamic militants.
. . ."It would be very naive," the paper suggests,"to say that the threat of Islamist terrorism has receded in Spain."
The threat, it says,"remains very serious indeed".
To face this threat... we must mobilise all our political, judicial and security resources
The profile of the men in custody, it notes,"is similar to that of the perpetrators of the Atocha atrocity".
They are"Islamic fanatics", who"prowl around the mosques", and,"in their 'hatred of the infidel', are willing to destroy anything to do with Western society".
ABC, meanwhile, is alarmed by the fact that the suspects are believed to have chosen the country's national high court as the target for an attack.
"The size and the objectives of the group give cause for concern," the paper says.
"They reflect Islamist terrorism's obsessive determination to hurt Spain."
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”