TRYING TO PACIFY ISLAMISM BY PULLING OUT OF IRAQ DID NOT MAKE THE SPANISH SAFER
Europe and especially Spain is a buzz. Obviously appeasing the Islamists by pulling out of Iraq and siding with France and Germany against the US did not make the Spanish safer. Surprise, Suprise! Still, the reality check did litttle to alter the Spanish media's mind. It continues to exclude a military response to terrorism. Some people never never learn
Spanish papers remain fearful of fresh terrorist attacks, despite the arrest of eight suspected Islamic militants.
. . ."It would be very naive," the paper suggests,"to say that the threat of Islamist terrorism has receded in Spain."
The threat, it says,"remains very serious indeed".
To face this threat... we must mobilise all our political, judicial and security resources
The profile of the men in custody, it notes,"is similar to that of the perpetrators of the Atocha atrocity".
They are"Islamic fanatics", who"prowl around the mosques", and,"in their 'hatred of the infidel', are willing to destroy anything to do with Western society".
ABC, meanwhile, is alarmed by the fact that the suspects are believed to have chosen the country's national high court as the target for an attack.
"The size and the objectives of the group give cause for concern," the paper says.
"They reflect Islamist terrorism's obsessive determination to hurt Spain."
comments powered by Disqus
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller