TRYING TO PACIFY ISLAMISM BY PULLING OUT OF IRAQ DID NOT MAKE THE SPANISH SAFER
Europe and especially Spain is a buzz. Obviously appeasing the Islamists by pulling out of Iraq and siding with France and Germany against the US did not make the Spanish safer. Surprise, Suprise! Still, the reality check did litttle to alter the Spanish media's mind. It continues to exclude a military response to terrorism. Some people never never learn
Spanish papers remain fearful of fresh terrorist attacks, despite the arrest of eight suspected Islamic militants.
. . ."It would be very naive," the paper suggests,"to say that the threat of Islamist terrorism has receded in Spain."
The threat, it says,"remains very serious indeed".
To face this threat... we must mobilise all our political, judicial and security resources
The profile of the men in custody, it notes,"is similar to that of the perpetrators of the Atocha atrocity".
They are"Islamic fanatics", who"prowl around the mosques", and,"in their 'hatred of the infidel', are willing to destroy anything to do with Western society".
ABC, meanwhile, is alarmed by the fact that the suspects are believed to have chosen the country's national high court as the target for an attack.
"The size and the objectives of the group give cause for concern," the paper says.
"They reflect Islamist terrorism's obsessive determination to hurt Spain."
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?