TRYING TO PACIFY ISLAMISM BY PULLING OUT OF IRAQ DID NOT MAKE THE SPANISH SAFER
Europe and especially Spain is a buzz. Obviously appeasing the Islamists by pulling out of Iraq and siding with France and Germany against the US did not make the Spanish safer. Surprise, Suprise! Still, the reality check did litttle to alter the Spanish media's mind. It continues to exclude a military response to terrorism. Some people never never learn
Spanish papers remain fearful of fresh terrorist attacks, despite the arrest of eight suspected Islamic militants.
. . ."It would be very naive," the paper suggests,"to say that the threat of Islamist terrorism has receded in Spain."
The threat, it says,"remains very serious indeed".
To face this threat... we must mobilise all our political, judicial and security resources
The profile of the men in custody, it notes,"is similar to that of the perpetrators of the Atocha atrocity".
They are"Islamic fanatics", who"prowl around the mosques", and,"in their 'hatred of the infidel', are willing to destroy anything to do with Western society".
ABC, meanwhile, is alarmed by the fact that the suspects are believed to have chosen the country's national high court as the target for an attack.
"The size and the objectives of the group give cause for concern," the paper says.
"They reflect Islamist terrorism's obsessive determination to hurt Spain."
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)