TRYING TO PACIFY ISLAMISM BY PULLING OUT OF IRAQ DID NOT MAKE THE SPANISH SAFER
Europe and especially Spain is a buzz. Obviously appeasing the Islamists by pulling out of Iraq and siding with France and Germany against the US did not make the Spanish safer. Surprise, Suprise! Still, the reality check did litttle to alter the Spanish media's mind. It continues to exclude a military response to terrorism. Some people never never learn
Spanish papers remain fearful of fresh terrorist attacks, despite the arrest of eight suspected Islamic militants.
. . ."It would be very naive," the paper suggests,"to say that the threat of Islamist terrorism has receded in Spain."
The threat, it says,"remains very serious indeed".
To face this threat... we must mobilise all our political, judicial and security resources
The profile of the men in custody, it notes,"is similar to that of the perpetrators of the Atocha atrocity".
They are"Islamic fanatics", who"prowl around the mosques", and,"in their 'hatred of the infidel', are willing to destroy anything to do with Western society".
ABC, meanwhile, is alarmed by the fact that the suspects are believed to have chosen the country's national high court as the target for an attack.
"The size and the objectives of the group give cause for concern," the paper says.
"They reflect Islamist terrorism's obsessive determination to hurt Spain."
comments powered by Disqus
- Mother Jones highlights Trump administration’s Black History Month mistakes
- Japan has asked joined suit filed at the US Supreme Court to remove "comfort women” statue in California
- American colleges are documenting their own history of entanglement with slavery
- Wow: Barack and Michelle Obama to be paid $60 million in book deal
- Betsy DeVos Press Release Celebrates Jim Crow Education System as Pioneer of “School Choice”
- Harvard President Drew Faust says the university is documenting its ties to slavery
- Mostafa el-Abbadi, Champion of Alexandria’s Resurrected Library, Dies at 88
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser