Anti-New Deal Cartoons from the Chicago Defender (Part III)
Here is the third of four installments of anti-New Deal cartoons by L. Rogers from the Chicago Defender, the leading black newspaper in the United States.
This one is from May 26, 1934 and compares the Agricultural Adjustment Adminstration to a"Modern Simon Legree" because of policies that drove many blacks off the land.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians gloss over too many unpalatable truths, Antony Beevor says
- Historian shares his own experience with mental illness
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?