IT'S WOMEN, STUPID - BRAVO NOBEL COMMITTEE
Well, the Nobel committee is betting two for two. With this choice they have successfully recovered their roots. The prize was created to promote not only peace but womEn's right. Then, the focus was women's rights in the developed world, not it is in the developing one. So, bravo Geir (I hope our"Moon River" duet makes this familiarity acceptable) and company for giving the peace prize to an amazing woman.
This is the time for multiculturalists to recognize the limits of cultural relativism and for the right the importance of women's rights.
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book