REUTERS - SOME PALESTINIAN LIVES ARE WORTH MORE THAN OTHERS
Israeli Missile Strike Kills Two Gaza Militants blares Reuters headline. The article then goes on to describe the furious response of the Gazans to the killing of the Hammas members and their promises of revenge. The piece ends thus -
"Underlying the growing lawlessness in Palestinian areas, masked gunmen executed two Palestinians accused of collaborating with Israel in the West Bank town of Tulkarm. One was machine-gunned in a town square. Palestinians have killed scores of their brethren accused of helping Israeli forces seek out and kill militants in fighting that began in September 2000. International human rights groups have condemned the vigilante killings".
Clearly the lives of Palestinians killed by other Palestinians are less important and undeserving of a news headline!
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools