REUTERS - SOME PALESTINIAN LIVES ARE WORTH MORE THAN OTHERS
Israeli Missile Strike Kills Two Gaza Militants blares Reuters headline. The article then goes on to describe the furious response of the Gazans to the killing of the Hammas members and their promises of revenge. The piece ends thus -
"Underlying the growing lawlessness in Palestinian areas, masked gunmen executed two Palestinians accused of collaborating with Israel in the West Bank town of Tulkarm. One was machine-gunned in a town square. Palestinians have killed scores of their brethren accused of helping Israeli forces seek out and kill militants in fighting that began in September 2000. International human rights groups have condemned the vigilante killings".
Clearly the lives of Palestinians killed by other Palestinians are less important and undeserving of a news headline!
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"