REUTERS - SOME PALESTINIAN LIVES ARE WORTH MORE THAN OTHERS
Israeli Missile Strike Kills Two Gaza Militants blares Reuters headline. The article then goes on to describe the furious response of the Gazans to the killing of the Hammas members and their promises of revenge. The piece ends thus -
"Underlying the growing lawlessness in Palestinian areas, masked gunmen executed two Palestinians accused of collaborating with Israel in the West Bank town of Tulkarm. One was machine-gunned in a town square. Palestinians have killed scores of their brethren accused of helping Israeli forces seek out and kill militants in fighting that began in September 2000. International human rights groups have condemned the vigilante killings".
Clearly the lives of Palestinians killed by other Palestinians are less important and undeserving of a news headline!
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton