ASIAN ABILITY TO PRODUCE OUTSTRIPS WESTERN ABILITY TO CONSUME
The United States has not caused this global meltdown. China and other export oriented countries did. It is their refusal to develop a domestic market willing and able to digest a large portion of their own increased production that led them to flood the world with their excess (cheap) currency and created the American housing bubble. Creating a new global currency will not solve the problem though it would enable the US to weaken the dollar and ease its debt burden.
At the moment, the Obama administration is trying to keep the global economy afloat by spending the money that the world is pouring into what it considers the American safe haven as fast as it can on a long wish list. But this policy cannot be sustained and the Chinese government knows it.
So why badmouth the US which is sacrificing its economic well being on behalf of the rest of the world? I suspect that the Chinese autocrats are afraid that a truly prosperous Chinese nation will get rid of them and they are doing what tyrants always do. They seek to redirecting their citizen anger from their own incompetence towards that of the American"foreign devil." In other words, if China does not change course, we may be sooner of later find ourselves in another destructive war which may make W.W.II. look like a picnic.
comments powered by Disqus
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy