Democrats, Republicans, and the Failure of U.S. Intelligence
A compendium of quotes from Democrats has been circulating on the Internet; some people have claimed that all these Democrats, who previously recognized the threat of Saddam Hussein, now claim that the President lied. I comment on the compendium at SOLO Yahoo Forum, and reproduce some of my comments at"Not a Blog."
My essential point: The real scandal is not that Democrats attack Republicans, or that Republicans attack Democrats; what else is new? The real scandal is how wrong both of them were, and how wrong Western intelligence has been. Check out the rest of my comments and that compendium of quotes here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita