Democrats, Republicans, and the Failure of U.S. Intelligence
A compendium of quotes from Democrats has been circulating on the Internet; some people have claimed that all these Democrats, who previously recognized the threat of Saddam Hussein, now claim that the President lied. I comment on the compendium at SOLO Yahoo Forum, and reproduce some of my comments at"Not a Blog."
My essential point: The real scandal is not that Democrats attack Republicans, or that Republicans attack Democrats; what else is new? The real scandal is how wrong both of them were, and how wrong Western intelligence has been. Check out the rest of my comments and that compendium of quotes here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history