A VIEW FROM THE EYE OF THE STORM
A friend forwarded to me this presentation by the former president of the Wietzman Institute. It is very much worth reading. Harari is right - we are at war. Unfortunately, some people feel like shooting the messenger - understandable but wrong. I place more of my faith in elections which count and do not believe in reforms which maintain all the real power in the hands of"benevolent dictators." Do note the interesting fact that not one of the three top Indonesian vote getters is an Islamists. This is a very important change. We are making progress.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton