A VIEW FROM THE EYE OF THE STORM
A friend forwarded to me this presentation by the former president of the Wietzman Institute. It is very much worth reading. Harari is right - we are at war. Unfortunately, some people feel like shooting the messenger - understandable but wrong. I place more of my faith in elections which count and do not believe in reforms which maintain all the real power in the hands of"benevolent dictators." Do note the interesting fact that not one of the three top Indonesian vote getters is an Islamists. This is a very important change. We are making progress.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?