ISRAEL'S SUPREME COURT RULING ON THE FENCE
To uplift your spirit read Richard Cohen's, Israel's Day of Light. The money quote is:
"The Israeli Supreme Court did something similar, although with more explicit language."There is no security without law," it wrote.
Bear this decision in mind, please, when next someone refers to the Israelis as"Nazis" or otherwise talks about the nation as if it were a thuggish dictatorship. Israel, in fact, is a complex and conflicted place, searching always for the correct balance between what is right and what is safe, sometimes -- maybe even often -- losing its way. But at its heart it still has a heart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools