THE LESSON TAUGHT BY PRESIDENT REAGAN
I was not wise enough to vote for Ronald Reagan but I hope I am wise enough to recognize that it was his lack of confusion about the nature of the enemy and his ability to retake the initiative which led to the achievement of what seemed like mission impossible, a Western Cold war victory unaccompanied by a nuclear holocaust. I believe the war on terror will be won in the same manner. The only question is by whom.
comments powered by Disqus
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar