THE LESSON TAUGHT BY PRESIDENT REAGAN
I was not wise enough to vote for Ronald Reagan but I hope I am wise enough to recognize that it was his lack of confusion about the nature of the enemy and his ability to retake the initiative which led to the achievement of what seemed like mission impossible, a Western Cold war victory unaccompanied by a nuclear holocaust. I believe the war on terror will be won in the same manner. The only question is by whom.
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?