THE LESSON TAUGHT BY PRESIDENT REAGAN
I was not wise enough to vote for Ronald Reagan but I hope I am wise enough to recognize that it was his lack of confusion about the nature of the enemy and his ability to retake the initiative which led to the achievement of what seemed like mission impossible, a Western Cold war victory unaccompanied by a nuclear holocaust. I believe the war on terror will be won in the same manner. The only question is by whom.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton