THE LESSON TAUGHT BY PRESIDENT REAGAN
I was not wise enough to vote for Ronald Reagan but I hope I am wise enough to recognize that it was his lack of confusion about the nature of the enemy and his ability to retake the initiative which led to the achievement of what seemed like mission impossible, a Western Cold war victory unaccompanied by a nuclear holocaust. I believe the war on terror will be won in the same manner. The only question is by whom.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"