There is a good chance Larry Summers will get Treasury. He understands the dangers of SWF.
The word Obama and Muslim may not be mentioned together. Hence, the NYT tells us how many Jews(78%), Catholics (54%), protestants (45%), people who attend religious services at least once a week (43%), born-again evangelical Christians (41%)or white protestants (34%) voted for Obama.
It does not tell us how many Muslims did. In case you want to know, the answer is 89%.
Tom Friedman wants Obama worshiping world to show him the money, troops, diplomatic effort and economic partnership. I am sure he is too savvy to hold his breath.
American allies like India are holding it instead.
comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 11/10/2008
The percentage of Jewish voters who supported Obama is almost as high as the percentage of Muslim voters.
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017