There is a good chance Larry Summers will get Treasury. He understands the dangers of SWF.
The word Obama and Muslim may not be mentioned together. Hence, the NYT tells us how many Jews(78%), Catholics (54%), protestants (45%), people who attend religious services at least once a week (43%), born-again evangelical Christians (41%)or white protestants (34%) voted for Obama.
It does not tell us how many Muslims did. In case you want to know, the answer is 89%.
Tom Friedman wants Obama worshiping world to show him the money, troops, diplomatic effort and economic partnership. I am sure he is too savvy to hold his breath.
American allies like India are holding it instead.
comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 11/10/2008
The percentage of Jewish voters who supported Obama is almost as high as the percentage of Muslim voters.
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton