McCAIN WON A WAR AND LOST AN ELECTION
Yesterday I had a unique experience. I felt honored to pull the lever for John McCain. He did not run a flawless campaign but he ran it his way. Had conservatives cut him the slack the liberal/left cut Obama he may have even succeeded despite the strong headwinds but they did not.
He said he would rather lose an election than a war. Well, he won the war and lost an election. Barack Obama may wish to pull out of Iraq, but given the success of the surge and the precipitous decline in American and Iraqi casualties, he will find it difficult to justify such a retreat. Indeed, he already intimated such.
So, when all is said and done, let me reiterate: Ecce Homo!
Yes, A Class Act.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum