McCAIN WON A WAR AND LOST AN ELECTION
Yesterday I had a unique experience. I felt honored to pull the lever for John McCain. He did not run a flawless campaign but he ran it his way. Had conservatives cut him the slack the liberal/left cut Obama he may have even succeeded despite the strong headwinds but they did not.
He said he would rather lose an election than a war. Well, he won the war and lost an election. Barack Obama may wish to pull out of Iraq, but given the success of the surge and the precipitous decline in American and Iraqi casualties, he will find it difficult to justify such a retreat. Indeed, he already intimated such.
So, when all is said and done, let me reiterate: Ecce Homo!
Yes, A Class Act.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"