McCAIN WON A WAR AND LOST AN ELECTION
Yesterday I had a unique experience. I felt honored to pull the lever for John McCain. He did not run a flawless campaign but he ran it his way. Had conservatives cut him the slack the liberal/left cut Obama he may have even succeeded despite the strong headwinds but they did not.
He said he would rather lose an election than a war. Well, he won the war and lost an election. Barack Obama may wish to pull out of Iraq, but given the success of the surge and the precipitous decline in American and Iraqi casualties, he will find it difficult to justify such a retreat. Indeed, he already intimated such.
So, when all is said and done, let me reiterate: Ecce Homo!
Yes, A Class Act.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)