McCAIN WON A WAR AND LOST AN ELECTION
Yesterday I had a unique experience. I felt honored to pull the lever for John McCain. He did not run a flawless campaign but he ran it his way. Had conservatives cut him the slack the liberal/left cut Obama he may have even succeeded despite the strong headwinds but they did not.
He said he would rather lose an election than a war. Well, he won the war and lost an election. Barack Obama may wish to pull out of Iraq, but given the success of the surge and the precipitous decline in American and Iraqi casualties, he will find it difficult to justify such a retreat. Indeed, he already intimated such.
So, when all is said and done, let me reiterate: Ecce Homo!
Yes, A Class Act.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize