McCAIN WON A WAR AND LOST AN ELECTION
Yesterday I had a unique experience. I felt honored to pull the lever for John McCain. He did not run a flawless campaign but he ran it his way. Had conservatives cut him the slack the liberal/left cut Obama he may have even succeeded despite the strong headwinds but they did not.
He said he would rather lose an election than a war. Well, he won the war and lost an election. Barack Obama may wish to pull out of Iraq, but given the success of the surge and the precipitous decline in American and Iraqi casualties, he will find it difficult to justify such a retreat. Indeed, he already intimated such.
So, when all is said and done, let me reiterate: Ecce Homo!
Yes, A Class Act.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103