MARKETS VOTE NO CONFIDENCE IN OBAMA
Credit markets have started to thaw, yet stocks and the larger economy keep sliding. What's going on? Among the problems are the reality of recession and the uncertainty over Barack Obama's policies.
US News and World Report blogger muses that The Barack Obama Discount May Be Real Indeed it may. Not only are his Socialist"spread the wealth" policies bound to depress an already depressed economy but the prospect of another world crisis so candidly predicted by Joe Biden is sure to add fuel to the depression fire. If there is anything that is bound to rattle markets more than predictions of an upcoming international crisis, it is a prediction of a crisis involving directly the US, another 9/11.
Why are world governments unable to contain the market tsunami regardless of the huge sums of public money they are throwing at it? Because prospect of an inexperiened radical American president during these troubled times leaves them jittery and rightly so.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian