MARKETS VOTE NO CONFIDENCE IN OBAMA
Credit markets have started to thaw, yet stocks and the larger economy keep sliding. What's going on? Among the problems are the reality of recession and the uncertainty over Barack Obama's policies.
US News and World Report blogger muses that The Barack Obama Discount May Be Real Indeed it may. Not only are his Socialist"spread the wealth" policies bound to depress an already depressed economy but the prospect of another world crisis so candidly predicted by Joe Biden is sure to add fuel to the depression fire. If there is anything that is bound to rattle markets more than predictions of an upcoming international crisis, it is a prediction of a crisis involving directly the US, another 9/11.
Why are world governments unable to contain the market tsunami regardless of the huge sums of public money they are throwing at it? Because prospect of an inexperiened radical American president during these troubled times leaves them jittery and rightly so.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize