I See your Che...
comments powered by Disqus
Max Schwing - 6/1/2004
Since you are educating College Students, I thought they had better taste, but well, that's not surprising.
Here, in Germany, it is even worse, since we still have a lot of Socialist traits left and those have shown of in pictures of Che Guevara and the old DDR/Soviet symbolism. However, there is a new trend, the Jamaicanism, I call it and i hope this will outlast Guevaraism.
Although, I am still horrified to see the Hammer and Sickle symbolism in my classrooms. But I am also astounished by the answers of many students. They can quite clearly state the dangers and horrors of it and they say that they only wear it, because the state authority is trying to suppress it....
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Say goodbye to the weirdest border dispute in the world
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems