I See your Che...
comments powered by Disqus
Max Schwing - 6/1/2004
Since you are educating College Students, I thought they had better taste, but well, that's not surprising.
Here, in Germany, it is even worse, since we still have a lot of Socialist traits left and those have shown of in pictures of Che Guevara and the old DDR/Soviet symbolism. However, there is a new trend, the Jamaicanism, I call it and i hope this will outlast Guevaraism.
Although, I am still horrified to see the Hammer and Sickle symbolism in my classrooms. But I am also astounished by the answers of many students. They can quite clearly state the dangers and horrors of it and they say that they only wear it, because the state authority is trying to suppress it....
- Tut’s beard glued back on like a bad craft project
- Smithsonian working to finalize deal for new site in London
- The voices of Auschwitz
- What countries teach children about the Holocaust varies hugely
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us
- Marcus Borg, Liberal Christian Scholar, Dies at 72
- Richard Hofstadter’s insights into the "paranoid style in American politics” lauded in the NYT