PEACEFUL 21C. IS GRAND ILLUSION
I have long expected Asia to be the epicenter of the next round of trouble and even pointed to disturbing signs to that effect (see, here and here . Of course, they are optimist observers like Daniel Twining hope that Asian democracies would be as successful in containing China as NATO has been in containing the USSR.
When the current fighting between Russia and Gerogia is added to the already volatile mix Mideast Islamists belligerency especially those thriving officially in Iran and unofficially in Pakistan, it is difficult not to be concerned.
comments powered by Disqus
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit