PEACEFUL 21C. IS GRAND ILLUSION
I have long expected Asia to be the epicenter of the next round of trouble and even pointed to disturbing signs to that effect (see, here and here . Of course, they are optimist observers like Daniel Twining hope that Asian democracies would be as successful in containing China as NATO has been in containing the USSR.
When the current fighting between Russia and Gerogia is added to the already volatile mix Mideast Islamists belligerency especially those thriving officially in Iran and unofficially in Pakistan, it is difficult not to be concerned.
comments powered by Disqus
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed