PEACEFUL 21C. IS GRAND ILLUSION
I have long expected Asia to be the epicenter of the next round of trouble and even pointed to disturbing signs to that effect (see, here and here . Of course, they are optimist observers like Daniel Twining hope that Asian democracies would be as successful in containing China as NATO has been in containing the USSR.
When the current fighting between Russia and Gerogia is added to the already volatile mix Mideast Islamists belligerency especially those thriving officially in Iran and unofficially in Pakistan, it is difficult not to be concerned.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools