CRY, MY BELOVED ALMA MATER
Some news breaks your heart. This one breaks mine. My years at Hebrew University in Jerusalem were amongst the happiest not to mention most intellectually stimulating in my life. It provided me with an opportunity to study with some real giants such as historian Yaakov Talmon and philosopher/mathematician Yehoshua Bar Hillel (I majored in History and Philosophy)
I am sure the univeristy still provides some students with worthy intellectual stimulation. But Steven Plaut's report that Hebrew U Professor who Thinks Non-Rape is Racism Gets Busted for Rape and the university's non-reponse to the outrage is truly disturbing.
Pushing the envelope is one thing; ripping it to shreds for the worst of motives is another.
comments powered by Disqus
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz