CRY, MY BELOVED ALMA MATER
Some news breaks your heart. This one breaks mine. My years at Hebrew University in Jerusalem were amongst the happiest not to mention most intellectually stimulating in my life. It provided me with an opportunity to study with some real giants such as historian Yaakov Talmon and philosopher/mathematician Yehoshua Bar Hillel (I majored in History and Philosophy)
I am sure the univeristy still provides some students with worthy intellectual stimulation. But Steven Plaut's report that Hebrew U Professor who Thinks Non-Rape is Racism Gets Busted for Rape and the university's non-reponse to the outrage is truly disturbing.
Pushing the envelope is one thing; ripping it to shreds for the worst of motives is another.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests