CRY, MY BELOVED ALMA MATER
Some news breaks your heart. This one breaks mine. My years at Hebrew University in Jerusalem were amongst the happiest not to mention most intellectually stimulating in my life. It provided me with an opportunity to study with some real giants such as historian Yaakov Talmon and philosopher/mathematician Yehoshua Bar Hillel (I majored in History and Philosophy)
I am sure the univeristy still provides some students with worthy intellectual stimulation. But Steven Plaut's report that Hebrew U Professor who Thinks Non-Rape is Racism Gets Busted for Rape and the university's non-reponse to the outrage is truly disturbing.
Pushing the envelope is one thing; ripping it to shreds for the worst of motives is another.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit