CRY, MY BELOVED ALMA MATER
Some news breaks your heart. This one breaks mine. My years at Hebrew University in Jerusalem were amongst the happiest not to mention most intellectually stimulating in my life. It provided me with an opportunity to study with some real giants such as historian Yaakov Talmon and philosopher/mathematician Yehoshua Bar Hillel (I majored in History and Philosophy)
I am sure the univeristy still provides some students with worthy intellectual stimulation. But Steven Plaut's report that Hebrew U Professor who Thinks Non-Rape is Racism Gets Busted for Rape and the university's non-reponse to the outrage is truly disturbing.
Pushing the envelope is one thing; ripping it to shreds for the worst of motives is another.
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90
- Greg O’Malley’s go-to slave trade database will soon show more than the path the ships took from Africa to the New World