CRY, MY BELOVED ALMA MATER
Some news breaks your heart. This one breaks mine. My years at Hebrew University in Jerusalem were amongst the happiest not to mention most intellectually stimulating in my life. It provided me with an opportunity to study with some real giants such as historian Yaakov Talmon and philosopher/mathematician Yehoshua Bar Hillel (I majored in History and Philosophy)
I am sure the univeristy still provides some students with worthy intellectual stimulation. But Steven Plaut's report that Hebrew U Professor who Thinks Non-Rape is Racism Gets Busted for Rape and the university's non-reponse to the outrage is truly disturbing.
Pushing the envelope is one thing; ripping it to shreds for the worst of motives is another.
comments powered by Disqus
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport