Clicking through to the Atlas Shrugs blog revealed the headline ATLAS EXCLUSIVE: FINAL REPORT ON OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE FORGERY CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN. Near the end of the extensive analysis, the reader is pointed to a long list of earlier, similar pieces, which include [T]he [birth] certificate is still a horrible forgery", Mystery, Clarification and Obfuscation of Obama's Birth Certificate Forgery, Atlas Tech Expert Declares Obama Birth Certificate, Who died and made him the final word on Obama's, The"Missing" Obama Birth Certificate Seal, SUCH A LIAR: OBAMA'S FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE and, RELEASE OBAMA'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE!
My stumble? Why is this campaign being led by the Atlas Shrugs site? I hope this is an aberration within the Objectivism and not an indication of how, well, stupid the general Objectivist movement has become over Obama. (Stupid is the word Reason Magazine uses.) There are so many excellent reasons to lambast Obama that it just cheapens their opposition if this is all they come up with.
For a well-reasoned counter to the forgery charges, click here.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 7/25/2008
We can but hope!
Paul Noonan - 7/24/2008
For a harsh, but funny, take on an Objectivist folly of a few years ago go here:
Lars Rudolf Schumacher - 7/24/2008
I don't think that the Atlas Shrugs website counts as an objectivist site. References to the philosophy of objectivism are rare on this site and I have in fact seen a great many more references to Jewish religious practices on the part of the site owner. The site would be more properly characterized as a religious Zionist website.
Roderick T. Long - 7/24/2008
While a number of right-wingers have been pushing this story that Obama's not eligible to be President, a number of left-wingers have been pushing a similar story on McCain. It would be a hoot if they were both ineligible!
Craig J Bolton - 7/23/2008
Why is this campaign being led by the Atlas Shrugs site? I hope this is an aberration within the Objectivism and not an indication of how, well, stupid the general Objectivist movement has become over Obama.
I can't imagine what the purpose is of the modifier "over Obama." The "Objectivist movement" has been comprised of pitiful a bunch of half-baked "experts" on everything imaginable (without any background, training, or credentials in any of the areas in which they claimed expertise) since it came into existence. Reminds one of Ayn Rand - a semi-successful scriptwriter who became, in her own mind at least - the greatest philosopher in history.
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize