Clicking through to the Atlas Shrugs blog revealed the headline ATLAS EXCLUSIVE: FINAL REPORT ON OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE FORGERY CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN. Near the end of the extensive analysis, the reader is pointed to a long list of earlier, similar pieces, which include [T]he [birth] certificate is still a horrible forgery", Mystery, Clarification and Obfuscation of Obama's Birth Certificate Forgery, Atlas Tech Expert Declares Obama Birth Certificate, Who died and made him the final word on Obama's, The"Missing" Obama Birth Certificate Seal, SUCH A LIAR: OBAMA'S FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE and, RELEASE OBAMA'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE!
My stumble? Why is this campaign being led by the Atlas Shrugs site? I hope this is an aberration within the Objectivism and not an indication of how, well, stupid the general Objectivist movement has become over Obama. (Stupid is the word Reason Magazine uses.) There are so many excellent reasons to lambast Obama that it just cheapens their opposition if this is all they come up with.
For a well-reasoned counter to the forgery charges, click here.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 7/24/2008
We can but hope!
Paul Noonan - 7/24/2008
For a harsh, but funny, take on an Objectivist folly of a few years ago go here:
Lars Rudolf Schumacher - 7/24/2008
I don't think that the Atlas Shrugs website counts as an objectivist site. References to the philosophy of objectivism are rare on this site and I have in fact seen a great many more references to Jewish religious practices on the part of the site owner. The site would be more properly characterized as a religious Zionist website.
Roderick T. Long - 7/24/2008
While a number of right-wingers have been pushing this story that Obama's not eligible to be President, a number of left-wingers have been pushing a similar story on McCain. It would be a hoot if they were both ineligible!
Craig J Bolton - 7/23/2008
Why is this campaign being led by the Atlas Shrugs site? I hope this is an aberration within the Objectivism and not an indication of how, well, stupid the general Objectivist movement has become over Obama.
I can't imagine what the purpose is of the modifier "over Obama." The "Objectivist movement" has been comprised of pitiful a bunch of half-baked "experts" on everything imaginable (without any background, training, or credentials in any of the areas in which they claimed expertise) since it came into existence. Reminds one of Ayn Rand - a semi-successful scriptwriter who became, in her own mind at least - the greatest philosopher in history.
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"