THE SUNNI - SHIA BATTLE IN IRAQ
For my readers this is old hat. But the subject finally hit the media. Here are some worthwhile stories. First, Fuad Ajami in the WSJ. Then, Jim Hoagland does his thing in the Washingon Post. Finally, the invalueable memri.
Sistani is a lousy politician and the Shia are going to pay for their attempt to prove their solidarity with the Sunnis.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum