PLEASE READ STATEMENT AND SIGN PETITION
"Peace, peace and there is no peace." This applies to those opposed to efforts to discriminate against Jewish academics and professionals in Great Britain. Just when we thought we have defeated the antisemitic campaign and can relax, it is being resurrected. This time it encompases Jews as well as Israeli.
SPME has a new petition. Please, read it bellow:
An Updated International Call to Academics and Professors To Join Nobel Laureates and University Presidents to Stand In Solidarity With Israeli Academics Facing New Academic Boycott Threats and Actions from UK Professors Union, May 28, 2008
To: To Academic and Professional Colleagues From Around The World
"We are academics, scholars, researchers and professionals of differing religious and political perspectives. We all agree that singling out Israelis for an academic boycott is wrong. To show our solidarity with our Israeli academics in this matter, we, the undersigned, hereby declare ourselves to be Israeli academics for purposes of any academic boycott. We will regard ourselves as Israeli academics and decline to participate in any activity from which Israeli academics are excluded." *
* May, 28, 2008... Statement Originally Composed June 4, 2007. Alan Dershowitz, Harvard University School of Law, Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize Laureate, University of Texas, and Edward S. Beck, Walden University, President, Scholars for Peace in the Middle East
To Sign The Statement, Click
Do remember, if we do not stand together, we will fall one by one.
comments powered by Disqus
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed