Yes, I Have More to Say
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/28/2008
I tend to agree.....but what do you think specifically about Barr?
I am still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I would have liked a more radical candidate but he is not nearly as terrible as some are claiming. He is (mostly) saying the right things now on foreign policy and civil liberties. He is also pissing off the pro-McCain conservatives and the freepers, an added bonus.
Let's give him a chance. If he starts to score high in the polls, we'll a get a better sense of how he will stand up under the fire. The guy that worries me the most is not Barr, but Root. He is a complete loose cannon and embarassment. See here:
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Ken Burns is in a race to slow us down
- Ken Burns and the Myth of Theodore Roosevelt
- What Ken Burns Doesn't Understand about the Roosevelts
- A call for historians to do macro history