Yes, I Have More to Say
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/28/2008
I tend to agree.....but what do you think specifically about Barr?
I am still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I would have liked a more radical candidate but he is not nearly as terrible as some are claiming. He is (mostly) saying the right things now on foreign policy and civil liberties. He is also pissing off the pro-McCain conservatives and the freepers, an added bonus.
Let's give him a chance. If he starts to score high in the polls, we'll a get a better sense of how he will stand up under the fire. The guy that worries me the most is not Barr, but Root. He is a complete loose cannon and embarassment. See here:
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton