FRENCH COURT VERDICT: AL DURA KILLING IS A HOAX
The word is out - French court today ruled in favor of Phillipe Karsenty, overturning a lower court decision that he had libeled France 2 and its Middle East correspondent Charles Enderlin when he accused them of knowingly misleading the public about the death of the Palestinian child Mohammed al-Dura in the Gaza Strip in 2000.
The footage in question, shot by Palestinian cameraman and France 2 stringer Talal Abu Rahma, showed the kid Al Dura hiding with his father and then jumped to showing Al Dura lying on the ground apparently dead. The voice over narrative created the impression it was Israel that killed the boy, leading to an unprecedented wave of hatred towards Israel.
Finally the truth comes out - now we'll see how main stream media in France and the world will react.
The media which was in such a hurry to broadcast to the world that Israel killed Al Dura, is so far relatively silent. Bloggers are taking the lead and reacting to these important news - there is a good summary from Augean Stables which was first out with the news. Just as the lie reached billions of people, we must aim for the truth to do the same.
See also, Thank you letter to Charles Enderlin
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history