FRENCH COURT VERDICT: AL DURA KILLING IS A HOAX
The word is out - French court today ruled in favor of Phillipe Karsenty, overturning a lower court decision that he had libeled France 2 and its Middle East correspondent Charles Enderlin when he accused them of knowingly misleading the public about the death of the Palestinian child Mohammed al-Dura in the Gaza Strip in 2000.
The footage in question, shot by Palestinian cameraman and France 2 stringer Talal Abu Rahma, showed the kid Al Dura hiding with his father and then jumped to showing Al Dura lying on the ground apparently dead. The voice over narrative created the impression it was Israel that killed the boy, leading to an unprecedented wave of hatred towards Israel.
Finally the truth comes out - now we'll see how main stream media in France and the world will react.
The media which was in such a hurry to broadcast to the world that Israel killed Al Dura, is so far relatively silent. Bloggers are taking the lead and reacting to these important news - there is a good summary from Augean Stables which was first out with the news. Just as the lie reached billions of people, we must aim for the truth to do the same.
See also, Thank you letter to Charles Enderlin
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"