If You're Not Doing Anything Wrong, You Have Nothing to Fear. Don't Count on It.
If you do a search for police harrassment, you'll find stories like this, this, and this, and ninety-one other stories.
comments powered by Disqus
Craig J Bolton - 5/12/2008
Boy, the British have really gone over the edge. No pictures of public places. No pictures of other people without their permission. No pictures of game hunting.
We Americans are much more libertarian. Our police just shoot you if they don't like your looks [and then, of course, plant a weapon on you]. Never harrassment of this sort. Well, an occasional beating of unarmed "suspects," but that isn't really harrassment, is it?
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College