THE JAPANESE, UNLIKE THE SPANISH, SHOW SPINE
The Japanese, unlike the Spanish, blamed the terrorists and not their government for the kidnappings. Bravo! "TOKYO: Japan's Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi marked his third anniversary in office boosted by a clean sweep for his ruling party in weekend by-elections in the run-up to national polls in July.
Although two of the contests had been expected to be close, Koizumi's Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) was spared a voter backlash Monday either for sending troops to Iraq or for an ongoing battle over pension reform.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 5/3/2004
They mostly blamed the kidnapped Japanese. See my post: http://hnn.us/blogs/entries/4938.html
Koizumi played along, too, billing the victims about $6000 apiece for plane fare..... Everyone loved it. But if actual soldiers get hurt it will be a different story, because it'll be harder to shift the blame around.
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide