WHAT IS THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM WOMAN WORTH?
Clearly very little:Men get 6/3 month for murdering wife and sister
Amman- A Jordanian criminal court has sentenced a 30-year- old Egyptian to only six months in prison for murdering his Jordanian wife for committing adultery last year, the Jordan Times reported Friday. The court prosecutor had charged the suspect, whose identity was withheld, with premeditated murder, but the tribunal immediately reduced the charge to a misdemeanour because the defendant committed his crime in defence of"family honour," judicial sources said.
Another court also sentenced a 30-year-old mechanic to only three months in jail after finding him guilty of murdering his younger married sister, the paper said.
The man opened fire on his sister, headed to the nearest police station and turned himself in, claiming he killed her to" cleanse his family's honour" because she had been missing for over a week.
Jordanian law allows for sentences to be reduced when"family honour" is involved.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools