WHAT IS THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM WOMAN WORTH?
Clearly very little:Men get 6/3 month for murdering wife and sister
Amman- A Jordanian criminal court has sentenced a 30-year- old Egyptian to only six months in prison for murdering his Jordanian wife for committing adultery last year, the Jordan Times reported Friday. The court prosecutor had charged the suspect, whose identity was withheld, with premeditated murder, but the tribunal immediately reduced the charge to a misdemeanour because the defendant committed his crime in defence of"family honour," judicial sources said.
Another court also sentenced a 30-year-old mechanic to only three months in jail after finding him guilty of murdering his younger married sister, the paper said.
The man opened fire on his sister, headed to the nearest police station and turned himself in, claiming he killed her to" cleanse his family's honour" because she had been missing for over a week.
Jordanian law allows for sentences to be reduced when"family honour" is involved.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades