comments powered by Disqus
Kevin C. Murphy - 2/27/2008
I wrote up a response here. In the meantime, I'm going to try to be charitable and just assume he was drunk when he wrote this.
The comment thread which has grown overnight at TNR is worth perusing as well. Wilentz is being justifiably eviscerated for this one.
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies