QUOTE OF THE DAY
... “ We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands.”...
- MAO ZEDONG, China's former leader, attempting to barter the country's women during trade discussions with the U.S. in 1973, according to a document released Thursday by the State Department's historian office
Beijing Review, A Shortage of Girls
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)