QUOTE OF THE DAY
... “ We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands.”...
- MAO ZEDONG, China's former leader, attempting to barter the country's women during trade discussions with the U.S. in 1973, according to a document released Thursday by the State Department's historian office
Beijing Review, A Shortage of Girls
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history