QUOTE OF THE DAY
... “ We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands.”...
- MAO ZEDONG, China's former leader, attempting to barter the country's women during trade discussions with the U.S. in 1973, according to a document released Thursday by the State Department's historian office
Beijing Review, A Shortage of Girls
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"