QUOTE OF THE DAY
... “ We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands.”...
- MAO ZEDONG, China's former leader, attempting to barter the country's women during trade discussions with the U.S. in 1973, according to a document released Thursday by the State Department's historian office
Beijing Review, A Shortage of Girls
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"