When Libertarians Attack
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
I have no idea who produced this, but check out this computer simulation of Hans Hoppe, Tom Palmer, Stephan Kinsella, and Walter Block acting out Blocks negative homesteading theory of innocent shields by trying to kill each other in a bar fight. (Conical hat tip to Geoff Plauché.)
It says third in a series but I didnt succeed in locating the first two.
Since Im on friendly terms with all the participants represented, I of course cant admit to finding it funny ....
I will point out, however, that the Hermann in Hoppes name should have two Ns.
comments powered by Disqus
Anarcho Pacifist Films - 1/10/2008
Greg Newburn - 1/6/2008
oh, my bad. I guess I didn't pay enough attention. Of course, my observation still applies...
Roderick T. Long - 1/6/2008
Actually it's Kinsella, not Hoppe, that Palmer fails to subdue in the video.
Greg Newburn - 1/5/2008
That's a pretty clever video, but the plot is advanced by a wildly implausible premise: that Palmer couldn't take Hoppe in a fight. Even if Hoppe did get the better of him, Palmer's friends would jump in, and then it would be Cato v. Mises. I'm fairly certain Cato would destroy in that battle.
All of that said, "...for argumentation ethics ... for humanity" was pretty funny, and the irony of having Walter Block rely on logic is also a clever twist.
Roderick T. Long - 1/5/2008
One foot in the fever swamp, one foot in the Beltway! On slow nights I sacrifice chickens to a monstrous bloodsoaked idol that is half Abe Lincoln, half Jeff Davis.
Mark Brady - 1/5/2008
"Since I'm on friendly terms with all the participants represented, I of course can't admit to finding it funny ...."
One foot in the fever swamp, eh?
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity