The Alabama Course of Study
As I wrote earlier, we both chaired an Ad Hoc Committee which was able to force over 200 changes in the document (despite objections from education professors, etc. who wrote the document). Unfortunately, the online version of the article has many typos. For a cleaner and expanded article, see the longer version on HNN .
comments powered by Disqus
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.