Individualism, Collectivism, and Other Murky Labels
The rest of this week's TGIF,"Individualism, Collectivism, and Other Murky Labels," is at the Foundation for Economic Education website.
Imagine the following person. He believes all individuals should be free to do"anything that's peaceful" and therefore favors private property, free global markets, freedom of contract, civil liberties, and all the related ideas that come under the label"libertarianism" (or liberalism). Obviously he is not a statist. But is he an individualist and a capitalist or a socialist and a collectivist? It sounds like an easy question, but on closer inspection it's not.
Cross-posted at Free Association.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history