RED CROSS JETS TERRORISTS TO GENEVA TO TRAIN IN INTER. LAW
Tonight BBC America featured a truly bizarre report by Katya Adler. There they were, Palestinian militants from Gaza wearing ski masks practicing first aid in an immaculate Geneva office. It was part of an ongoing IRCR program to give terrorists a chance to relax, excuse me learn about the Geneva Convention -
The International Red Cross has begun training Palestinian militants in Gaza as part of what it says is its worldwide effort to teach the rules of international humanitarian law in areas of armed conflict.
All armed factions in Gaza have signed up to the course, which explains the rules of war under the Geneva Convention and how to protect civilians.
The Red Cross says it gives the same courses to the Israeli army.
Katya Adler asked the trainees whether they will follow the laws they were taught. It will depend on our commanders they answered.
Adler asked a commander whether he will stop lobbing missiles at Israeli civilians now that he knows international law considers it illegal. No, he answered.
Katty Kay asked why they came to Geneva? Katya failed to answer. Hard to believe that it never occurred to either that the"gunmen" may enjoy the paid vacation. I wonder about the"all armed factions." It is doubtful that Gaza and Hamas gunmen could share a classroom but then maybe they will do anything for a Swiss vacation.
I hope somebody will get hold of the video. It is a priceless piece of absurdity. Unless one is a terrorist, one does know whether to laugh or cry.
The terrorists must laugh. Who can ask for a more cooperative and helpful enemy?!
Next time you think of contributing to the Red Cross, remember your dollars will be used to provide terrorists with a much needed vacation!
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 11/18/2007
Thank you, Eliot, foer reminding us.
Elliott Aron Green - 11/18/2007
Judith, during the Holocaust the ICRC [int'l committee of the red cross] voted to withhold information that it had about the Holocaust, when many people did not know that it was going on. Further, the ICRC is a Swiss govt agency for practical purposes.
- No President Has Pardoned Himself, But Governors and A Drunk Mayor Have
- Nixon sometimes met with leaders without his own translator
- How do you memorialize fallen in a war without end?
- NYT begins new series depicting lives of people on the front lives of the civil rights movement
- "Game of Thrones" creators sell show to HBO that imagines a world in which the Confederacy won
- Steven Salaita, Whose Revoked Job Offer Inflamed Higher Ed, Says He’s Leaving Academe
- Historians Against the War changes its name – and mission
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"