RED CROSS JETS TERRORISTS TO GENEVA TO TRAIN IN INTER. LAW
Tonight BBC America featured a truly bizarre report by Katya Adler. There they were, Palestinian militants from Gaza wearing ski masks practicing first aid in an immaculate Geneva office. It was part of an ongoing IRCR program to give terrorists a chance to relax, excuse me learn about the Geneva Convention -
The International Red Cross has begun training Palestinian militants in Gaza as part of what it says is its worldwide effort to teach the rules of international humanitarian law in areas of armed conflict.
All armed factions in Gaza have signed up to the course, which explains the rules of war under the Geneva Convention and how to protect civilians.
The Red Cross says it gives the same courses to the Israeli army.
Katya Adler asked the trainees whether they will follow the laws they were taught. It will depend on our commanders they answered.
Adler asked a commander whether he will stop lobbing missiles at Israeli civilians now that he knows international law considers it illegal. No, he answered.
Katty Kay asked why they came to Geneva? Katya failed to answer. Hard to believe that it never occurred to either that the"gunmen" may enjoy the paid vacation. I wonder about the"all armed factions." It is doubtful that Gaza and Hamas gunmen could share a classroom but then maybe they will do anything for a Swiss vacation.
I hope somebody will get hold of the video. It is a priceless piece of absurdity. Unless one is a terrorist, one does know whether to laugh or cry.
The terrorists must laugh. Who can ask for a more cooperative and helpful enemy?!
Next time you think of contributing to the Red Cross, remember your dollars will be used to provide terrorists with a much needed vacation!
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 11/18/2007
Thank you, Eliot, foer reminding us.
Elliott Aron Green - 11/18/2007
Judith, during the Holocaust the ICRC [int'l committee of the red cross] voted to withhold information that it had about the Holocaust, when many people did not know that it was going on. Further, the ICRC is a Swiss govt agency for practical purposes.
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy