The OAH and Speech Codes: An Opportunity
As someone who has not hesitated to use his academic freedom to criticize the war (normally considered a"leftist" cause), I would urge Montgomery to take this request seriously. This could be an excellent way to build bridges between conservatives, libertarians, liberals, and socialists and thus be better able to defend academic freedom for everyone. It would also be a wonderful advertisement for Joe and Jill Six Pack about the across-the-board consistency of the OAH.
comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 4/2/2004
David, You put this in a way that should appeal to Montgomery's sensibilities. I'm glad that he got the message from you first.
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook