The Only Directly Elected Leader in the Middle East?
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Rick - 3/30/2004
1. Hitler was initially elected too (though, yes, he was later appointed via a series of backroom deals, intrigues, and betrayals).
2. The last time the Palestinians held a free election was I think in 1995.
3. Like other Arab leaders, Arafat is still a dictator.
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian