The Only Directly Elected Leader in the Middle East?
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Rick - 3/31/2004
1. Hitler was initially elected too (though, yes, he was later appointed via a series of backroom deals, intrigues, and betrayals).
2. The last time the Palestinians held a free election was I think in 1995.
3. Like other Arab leaders, Arafat is still a dictator.
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery
- Sharon Ullman says the work of historians is becoming increasingly invisible