US - INDIA - PAKISTAN TRIANGLE
The US Asian balancing act is getting more and more complex. The US needs to save Musharef by extending goodies to his army and at the same time develop close ties with the new Asian and thank god democratic giant, India. Parallels with Israel are hard to avoid despite the obvious difference in size. Ram Naharayan is running a terrific website which keeps excellent track of the Indian view of this developing relationship. It's worth visiting.
comments powered by Disqus
Josh S Narins - 4/5/2004
They've been democratic/republican since Nehru.
How many languages did India have then?
How much poverty did India have then?
Let's hear MORE STINKING ARGUMENTS about how we can't expect any democracy/republic where people are poor, or not terribly educated.
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize