US - INDIA - PAKISTAN TRIANGLE
The US Asian balancing act is getting more and more complex. The US needs to save Musharef by extending goodies to his army and at the same time develop close ties with the new Asian and thank god democratic giant, India. Parallels with Israel are hard to avoid despite the obvious difference in size. Ram Naharayan is running a terrific website which keeps excellent track of the Indian view of this developing relationship. It's worth visiting.
comments powered by Disqus
Josh S Narins - 4/5/2004
They've been democratic/republican since Nehru.
How many languages did India have then?
How much poverty did India have then?
Let's hear MORE STINKING ARGUMENTS about how we can't expect any democracy/republic where people are poor, or not terribly educated.
- UN Wants Canada To Apologize, Pay Reparations For Black Slavery
- Did their school have ties to slavery? Now students try to make sense of the answer.
- National Anthem Protests by Black Athletes Have a Long History
- The National Security Agency's own history of tracking of U.S. Citizens is flawed
- Before Trump vs. the NFL, there was Jackie Robinson vs. JFK
- Religion strong on Cundill History Prize longlist
- Historian Anne Applebaum Details Stalin's War Against Ukraine
- Conservatives are blaming Howard Zinn for “birthing” the "Anti-Columbus Crusade”
- Jelani Cobb unloads on Trump’s double standard of patriotism in the New Yorker
- Lonnie Bunch is astonished the African-American History Museum has become a pilgrimage site so fast